DoStuff is a network of local media properties run by local teams in 20 cities. 7 million people a month across those cities use our local daily emails, apps, websites & social handles to answer the question: “What am I going to do tonight?”
The DoStuff Content Manager’s mission is to generate useful, timely and engaging content for your market. Whether that’s through sending daily emails, adding events to our site, curating editorial features or driving social, your goal is to make DoStuff the best possible resource for answering the question: “What am I going to do tonight?” .
Our Content Manager’s are hyper-organized, detail-oriented all-stars who are immersed in their city’s cultural landscape. You’ll carry the voice of an established brand and will continually increase engagement across all channels through your effectiveness and wit.
This is a full-time, salaried position, based in Boston.
Your core duties include (but are not limited to):
- Keeping in tune with the culture, events, and players in the scene across your city, ensuring this resonates across our platforms.
- Oversee Do617.com
- Ensure the event listings on our website are comprehensive and organized in a manner that is reflective of what our audience would care about.
- Audit the site regularly & identify missing events, venues, etc.
- Curate daily listings
- Social Media
- Be the voice of Do617 on Instagram, Twitter, and other relevant platforms
- Participate in active dialogue with the community
- Daily emails
- Identify content for each section of daily email, provide local insight into why it belongs.
- Write engaging short form copy to generate interest in what we are covering & enhance our brand voice
- Maximize engagement
- Make them as useful as possible to the widest possible audience
- Deliver sold components
- Audience Growth
- Increase site traffic and email engagement
- Partner with local artists, venues, restaurants and hotels to build promotions
- Report and analyze audience growth initiatives
- Oversee editorial content production
- Identify content for editorial guides, provide local insight into why it belongs.
- Write engaging short form copy to generate interest in what you identify & enhance our brand voice
- Manage content calendar: Work with our national team to determine what we are covering.
- Work with the sales team to ensure that our writing sets them up for the best possible success
- Curate collections of events
- Evergreen lists like Best Patios
- Useful categories like Happy Hours and Comedy
- Seasonal lists like Halloween and New Year’s Eve
- Local campaign management & insights
- Collaborate with local partners to create engaging programs
- Serve as the local market expert to ensure the programming we develop & partners we work with are authentic to the audience
- Execute partnership programs
- Reporting & Analysis
- Regularly report on all content initiatives: successes, failures, learnings
- Communicate top-performing pages and other notable trends to the rest of the team
- Use data to surface opportunities to improve the business
- Unlimited paid time off
- Work computer and peripherals provided
- Free passes to concerts, festivals and events
- Great experience and resume builder. You will learn a ton about digital marketing and the music and events industries, and your work will be seen by a LOT of people.
- Casual working environment: flexible hours, no dress code, etc.
- A Boston resident with a strong knowledge of local culture (concerts, happy hours, restaurants, etc).
- A strong short-form writer with a defined voice.
- Aware of more local, regional and national bands, artists and comedians than you can possibly name.
- Detail oriented. You can spot a typo before all of your friends.
- Following the BEST people, bands and brands on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Going out regularly -- to concerts, comedy, events, restaurants, happy hours and more.
- In the flow of local news and culture.
- Intrinsically motivated. You don’t need someone looking over your shoulder to be productive and efficient.
- Really good with email.
- Regularly reading local music and culture websites
- Subscribe to (and enjoy reading) national and local email newsletters
Bonus points if you:
- Already use DoStuff
- Have music industry experience
- Have digital marketing experience
- Are a photographer
- Have a proven track record of increasing digital audiences
- Know your way around Google Analytics
- Maintain badass social media accounts that we can check out
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: Remote
Does this sound like you? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you should be DoStuff’s Content Manager, Boston - Do617!