Future Folk Tour
- CLIENT: Future Folk
After seeing the band Future Folk play a show, acclaimed indie-film director/producer Jeremy Kipp Walker approached the band about making a movie. The History of Future Folk, the resulting film, was well received from indie film lovers and festivals across North America
… but, like many underexposed indie movies, it quickly ended up hidden in the depths of Netflix queues. The challenge was to reinvigorate interest in the film.
DoStuff produced a 10 city tour across our network showcasing everything the movie stood for: folk music, independent films, and aliens. Diehard fans showed up dressed in their Future Folk finest. Audiences unfamiliar with the movie couldn't help but to be curious and see what all the hype was about.
- 212% increase in people talking about Future Folk on Facebook
- Featured on BitTorrent Homepage: 650,000 Downloads
- 15,000 opt-in email addresses collected for Future Folk
- Overcapacity at all 10 venues
- Local and national press pick up including, homepage of Onion A.V. Club, Gizmodo and major features on KCRW and other influential radio stations
WORK WITH US
Whether you want to work with us on telling your brand's story in our cities or you just want to say hi, please fill out this form and it will reach the appropriate person at DoStuff. We’ll get back to you shortly!